Restorative / Preventative
Huntingdon Valley Dental Arts is equipped with the latest technologies and training to support that goal. We choose conservative, non-invasive procedures whenever possible, including digital X-rays (to decrease radiation exposure). We also employ the use of an intraoral scanner to aid in patient comfort and accuracy of dental molds. We no longer have to place molds and impressions trays in the patient’s mouth to make impressions of the teeth! We also perform non-surgical periodontal therapy.
Each Hygiene/Preventative Dental Visit Includes The Following:
- Periodontal (gum) evaluation and therapy
- We take a close look at all of our patient’s gums due to the fact that many dental concerns are caused by issues originating in the gums.
- Local antibiotic therapy of gum infections (non-surgical alternative) if necessary
- While surgery is necessary in some cases, there are many instances where it can be avoided. We’ll identify your ailment and recommend the best possible treatment.
- Personalized home care therapy instruction
- A large majority of proper dental care is done at home which is why we like to make sure that our patients have an easy to understand routine to follow in order to ensure optimal dental health.
- Fluoride treatments (if desired)
- Fluoride is a great way to prevent tooth decay. Teeth are negatively impacted by plaque, sugar, acid, and more on a daily basis and fluoride can protect your teeth from all of them.
- Digital X-rays (to decrease radiation exposure)
- Digital X-rays greatly reduce the risk of radiation related health issues.